Today’s technological development has brought about huge changes in the entire communication sector, and in turn has also changed education as we know it. For example, now we bank online and via smart phones and portable tablets, while social progression is based on established social networking sites. A similar evolution has occurred in our educational systems as well. Online education is becoming more common and accepted, and thanks to advanced technology, these programs and services are easily accessible worldwide.
The most accurate college rankings analyze schools according to years accredited, online programs offered, student-faculty ratio, graduation rate, financial aid, as well as other qualifications. Traditional college landscapes have been altered by these online programs that are now becoming a widely accepted part of our society. Before enrolling, it is very important to research the university that you want to attend and look for not only these qualifications but any others you may be looking for in your education.
This upward trend in online learning continues to grow as software advances, and these online-based programs allow students to acquire degrees quickly and at their own pace, making it easier to keep up with career and family obligations. Today’s top 10 best universities are outlined below, as they have been analyzed according to their quality of education and online experience:
- Strayer University: Strayer University has been educating students since 1892, and they currently have more than 60,000 students spread between their 92 campuses as well as online. They are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- The University of Phoenix: The University of Phoenix has grown to one of the largest private online universities in North America since their start in 1976. They have over 200 locations as well as online programs that are available in most countries. They are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association.
- George Washington University: George Washington University began in 1821 and now has more than 200,000 students all over the world between three campuses and online programs. They are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Walden University: Walden University got its start in 1970. Today they have more than 46,500 students across the U.S. and in more than 120 countries. They are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- Villanova University: Villanova University was founded in 1842 and is now comprised of five different colleges with more than 10,000 students. They are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Kaplan University: Kaplan University was founded in 1937 and today has more than 61,000 students enrolled throughout its 11 campuses and online program. They offer education to students throughout the U.S. and all over the world. They are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Ashford University: Ashford University was started in 1918. They offer more than 50 degree programs on campus and online, with the majority of their students enrolled online. They are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- Axia College: Axia College was first established in 2004, but since 2006 they have operated under the University of Phoenix. They have more than 100,00 students. They are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools through the University of Phoenix.
- Ellis University: Ellis University was founded in 2008 to provide online programs that are convenient to working adults.They are nationally accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Online universities were established to expand education, and therefore, job marketability, so that students have the flexibility to earn a degree without having to sacrifice careers or family. The listed universities have consistently maintained a high level of academics and educational programs and continue to set the standard for online learning.